BrakesIf you’re finding your vehicle pulls to one side whilst driving, then chances are your brakes are not performing and are in need of diagnosis and repair or replacement.
Having good brakes is a must and faulty ones can prove to be fatal.
Most brakes commonly use friction between two surfaces (many brakes that come in good vehicles nowadays include a metallic component) pressed together to convert the kinetic energy of the moving object into heat, which if faulty can give off a loud noise. The production of this sound indicates some sort of fault in the braking system and therefore needs addressing.
How to check if my brakes need changing?
Some of the signs you should be on the lookout for include:
- Unusual sounds being produced whenever you apply the brakes
- If it takes more force than usual to stop the car
- If your brakes go all the way down to the vehicle’s floor when you put your foot down
- The car makes a strange movement whenever you apply the brakes
- The brake pedal has spongy feel to it and isn’t firm anymore
- The dashboard brake light is on, indicating that the braking system is not balanced.
I think my brakes are faulty, what do I do?
The answer is simple, visit us at Valley Tyre Service immediately. Not only do inadequate brakes damages the system but they can also be dangerous for you, your family and other road users. If you’re looking for top-end services and repairs, Valley Tyre Services specialises in exactly that. We carry out effective brake diagnosis to spot the exact issue or underlying problem in your car’s brakes system.
Our FREE brake checks will identify the problem quickly; and we can offer all sorts of replacements, repairs and upgrades to get you back on the road in no time. It is also extremely common to simply have the brake fluid replaced. You will find an efficient brake fluid exchange service at our premises. It is normal that sometimes the brakes just need a simple maintenance routine, and you will find the best support service money can buy here.